About Pretrial Diversion
The Seward County Attorney, in collaboration with Bridges, Inc. created the Pretrial Diversion Program in 1999. This program is designed to be an alternative to the court system to give first time offenders the opportunity for rehabilitation instead of prosecution. The program diverts offenders from prosecution if they are willing to take responsibility for their actions. Pretrial Diversion will not be “easy” but it will channel their efforts in a more positive direction than just punishment. If they successfully complete the program, charges are dismissed. Failure to complete diversion results in continuation of prosecution.
- To evaluate defendants to determine the most beneficial rehabilitation program.
- To provide a standard alternative procedure for handling adult/juvenile offenses in the county.
- To educate offenders about their choices and decision-making in a meaningful way.
- To help offenders make needed changes in behavior, thus avoiding further law violations.
- Offer training in the areas of parenting, decision making skills, money management, Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- To ensure full and scheduled payment of restitution to victims.
- To reduce the cost to the criminal justice system.
For more information or to view the policies on the Seward County Pretrial Diversion Program, contact us at (402) 643-3055 or email@example.com.
Location and Office Hours
322 S, 14th Street, #3
Seward NE 68434
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 – 5:00 p.m.