The Seward County Veteran's Officeis located at 320 S. 14th St., Seward, NE 68434; Phone: (402) 643-4105;
Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call to make an appointment if you are coming to the office.
The County Veteran's Service Office was created by state statute to assist veterans and their dependents in times of need, or to file for all County, State or Federal benefits earned by virtue of the military veteran's service to a grateful Nation and the State of Nebraska. The Veteran's Service Officer serves under the direction of the Veteran's Service Committee appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Veteran's Service is accomplished by:
- Being sensitive and helpful to veterans/dependents in their time of need.
- Providing assistance and counseling to veterans and their families.
- Initiating and completing claims to be submitted to the VA Regional Office, Nebraska Department of Veteran's Affairs, or appropriate other agencies with accuracy and professionalism.
- Maintaining the highest level of training and education to best serve veterans.
- Serving as trusted and rspected partner in collaboration with other agencies when assisting veterans.
Functions of the Veteran's Service Office
Offers benefits counseling and advocacy for a variety of Federal, State and County benefits.